The following visas provide sponsored training options.

Professional Development Visa (Subclass 470)

Allows sponsored foreign nationals who are professionals, managers or government officials, to undertake professional development training programs in Australia for periods of up to 18 months.

Who is it for?

Professionals, managers or government officials undertaking professional development training programs in Australia for periods of up to 18 months (or longer if exceptional circumstances are demonstrated).

An approved Australian sponsoring organisation that has an agreement with an overseas employer operating outside Australia to provide a professional development program must be approved as a professional development sponsor. When approved, the sponsor lodges visa applications on behalf of applicants invited by the overseas employer to participate in the program.

For more, see more…

Occupational Trainee Visa (Subclass 442)

Allows foreign nationals to undertake a supervised, workplace-based training program in Australia. The training should provide additional skills in their occupation or field of expertise. See more…

Who is this visa for?

This visa is for people from outside Australia who want to improve their occupational skills through training with an Australian organisation or government agency. People may be nominated for this visa if the proposed occupational training is one of the following:

  • training or practical experience in the workplace required for the person to obtain registration for employment in their occupation in Australia or in their home country
  • a structured workplace training program to enhance the person’s existing skills in an eligible occupation
  • structured workplace training to enhance the person’s skills and promote capacity building overseas.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *